360 North, as part of KTOO in Juneau, along with KUAC-Fairbanks and APTI-Anchorage (KAKM), recently released a study to determine the feasibility of a unified statewide public broadcasting organization.
This new report notes opportunities offered under a unified public broadcasting model:
• A statewide, cross-platform production team
• An increase in public broadcasting’s reach in rural communities
• A unified voice in support of public broadcasting statewide
• The ability to invest in emerging media for content delivery
• The continuation of high-quality PBS and NPR programming throughout the state
The KTOO, KUAC, and APTI boards will then make a final decision on the unification this year and if approved, the transformation could begin as soon as July 2010.